A frittata is a great way to use up any left-overs you have in the fridge or, as in this case, use up the bag of forgotten frozen vegetables lurking at the bottom of the freezer!
Great with some salad for a light lunch, make in advance for a quick & healthy breakfast or even as a snack.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g (1 1/2 cups) mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Large handful of fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- 40g feta cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 C.
- Cook your frozen vegetables as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven proof skillet over a medium heat.
- Saute the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the spinach and saute for a further minute until the spinach has wilted.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the onion and spinach and then pour over the whisked eggs.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the centre of the frittata is firm.
- Place under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the top is a light golden brown colour.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.