I made these delicious treats for a Yoga & Pilates Masterclass that I organised recently. They’re very rich and decadent but extremely moreish at the same time!
The recipe calls for coconut butter which isn’t readily available in stores in the UK. You can buy it online or you can easily make it yourself: I’ve included the instructions in the recipe.
- 40g (3 tbsp) coconut oil (firm)
- 60g coconut butter* (firm)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 60ml maple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients, except the honey and vanilla, in a small pan and mix together.
- Heat very gently on the lowest setting whilst stirring until no more lumps remain. Don't heat for too long or the oils will separate.
- Once no more lumps remain remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Spoon into petit four cases or into a baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Nutrition per piece of fudge (based on 24 pieces)
- 56 calories, 4.3g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 0.7g protein
- Place 225g unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor and process until completely smooth and pourable. You will need to stop frequently to scrape down the sides of the bowl and it's a good idea to give your processor regular breaks so you don't overheat it! Be patient, it will seem like it's never going to get to a liquid state. It will but it might take 15 minutes or more depending on how powerful your processor is.