Hemsley & Hemsley Tahini Date Fridge Fudge
A few weeks ago I bought myself the new Hemsley & Hemsley recipe book. These two sisters started a very popular food blog several years ago and have since gone on appear on daytime TV shows and publish two recipe books.
This super simple fudge recipe uses just three ingredients. I didn’t have quite enough tahini so added some almond butter which gave the fudge a much stronger nutty flavour. I think any nut butter would work well for this recipe.
- 85g (about 10-12) soft, dried dates (I used Deglet Nour)
- 110g light tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- Shredded coconut to decorate (optional)
- Line a small baking tin, approx. 11cm x 17cm with baking parchment. I used a takeaway container!
- Chop one of the dates finely to decorate the fudge.
- Remove the stones from the rest of the dates and place in a food processor with the tahini and coconut oil. Blend to a smooth, thick paste.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Decorate with the chopped date and coconut (if using) and place in the freezer for approx. 30 minutes.
- When set, slice into square and store in the freezer or fridge.
- My fudge didn't set very well in the fridge so I keep it in the freezer - it's delicious straight from the drawer!