Spiralised Courgette Salad with Avocado-Mustard Dressing
I’ve neglected my spiraliser for far too long! It was collecting dust on my kitchen counter so I found space for it in a cupboard which it where it stayed until yesterday.
As the weather warms up I find myself turning more towards salads rather than soup for lunch and this recipe from Inspiralized.com was the perfect excuse to dust of my spiraliser and put it to good use. Don’t worry if you don’t have one – you can still easily create this salad using a julienne peeler to create the courgette ‘pasta’.
- 2 medium courgettes
- 24 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dash of honey (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- To make the dressing use a food processor or stick blender and pulse all the dressing ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash of honey if if needs a bit of sweetness.
- Make a cut down the length of each courgette being careful to not go right to the centre. Doing this first means you will have shorter pieces of vegetable rather than courgette spaghetti.
- Spiralise both courgettes and then place in a mixing bowl with the tomatoes, onion, carrots, chickpeas and pepper.
- Pour over the dressing and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and serve.