Spicy Carrot Salad
This is a lovely salad to make for a summer barbeque and because it retains it’s crunch, you can make it at the start of the week for 3-4 days of healthy lunches.
If you don’t have a julienne peeler you will find them in most large supermarkets or on Amazon. Alternatively you could grate the carrot instead.
- 350g carrots, peeled and julienne'd
- 60g whole cashews
- 40g raisins
- 50ml olive oil
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsps lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated/minced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Add a little more sweetness or lime juice if necessary and season to taste.
- Mix the carrot, nuts and raisins in a bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Nutritional Information: 197Kcals per serving. 12.7g fat, 20.9g carbs, 2.9g protein