Simple Fish Soup
Write a review
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled & grated
- 1 litre fish stock
- 500g white fish, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, garlic, fennel seeds and chilli flakes and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the butternut squash, tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped fish, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Taste and season if necessary before serving.