A smoothie is my No.1 choice for a nutritious breakfast and this one is becoming a firm favourite.
You can use fresh or frozen fruit. If you use fresh then add a few ice cubes to make your smoothie nicely chilled, but I prefer to use frozen as it not only keeps the smoothie cold, it makes it thick and creamy too.
When choosing a protein powder taste is really important but you also want to check out the ingredients list. My current favourite brand is MyProtein. They don’t use any fillers or thickeners just whey protein, an emulsifier, flavouring and a sweetener. If you prefer a vegan product I recommend Vega Sport.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I use Oatly oat milk)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup rasberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use MyProtein Vanilla Whey protein)
- Add all the ingredients in the order they appear above into your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- If you use all frozen fruit you may need to add a little more milk to get a thinner consistency.