Quinoa is a firm favourite in our house. A good source of protein, this little seed is a powerhouse of nutrition and this porridge is a great alternative to traditional porridge, especially if you don’t tolerate oats very well. Please don’t use cow’s milk for this porridge – I tried it once and it was horrible! Instead I use oat milk but almond milk would work as well.
- 60g (1/2 cup) quinoa
- 250ml (1 cup) oat milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Small handful of chopped nuts
- Small handful of raisins
- Place the quinoa and milk in a saucepan, stir well and slowly bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the milk. It should be a nice gloopy consistency, not too dry.
- Stir in the cinnamon, put the lid on the saucepan and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the nuts & raisins and enjoy.