Pear & Blueberry Crumble
Autumn is here and my body is craving warm, comforting food. My parents tiny pear tree is loaded with fruit this year so I helped myself to a couple and made this lovely crumble. It’s perfect for a chilly afternoon or even cold with a dollop of Greek yogurt for breakfast.
- 80g mixed nuts & seeds (I used pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds but any combination will work)
- 40g oats
- 15g shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 10g butter (melted)
- 2 ripe pears. Peeled, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
- 200g frozen blueberries
- Pre heat your oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse a couple of times.
- Add the oats and pulse again until it resembles chunky breadcrumbs. Stir in the salt and shredded coconut.
- In a medium bowl mix together the honey and melted butter.
- Add the crumble mixture and stir well.
- Mix the pears and blueberries in a pie tin. Spread the crumble mixture evenly over the top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.