I often buy a bag of fresh herbs for a particular dish, use a small amount and then end up throwing the rest away. Not anymore! You could adapt this recipe to use any or a mixture of your favourite fresh herbs and store little pots of delicious pesto in your freezer for quick mid-week pasta meals.
- 30g flat leaf parsley (stalks removed)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 40g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 30g pine nuts
- 75ml (4 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Place the parsley, garlic, cheese and pine nuts in a food processor and whiz for a few seconds.
- Add the oil and salt and whiz again.
- This recipe makes enough pesto for approx 4 servings (pasta serving = 100g)
- Nutritional Information per serving: 250 calories, 25g fat, 1.9g carbohydrate, 5.4g protein