One Minute Chocolate Mug Cake (Gluten Free)
I LOVE chocoate! I’m happy to admit it’s my No.1 favourite food and I usually eat some every day. Just a square or two of my favourite extra dark chocolate (Lindt 90% if you’re curious!) really helps to curb my sugar cravings and the urge to eat too many cookies and cakes.
We don’t really do desserts during the week – it’s usually fruit and yogurt or sometimes a chia seed pudding. But whenever I ‘need’ a proper dessert I’ll often whip up one of these chocolate mug cakes. Not only are they full of natural, healthy ingredients, it takes a matter of minutes to whisk all the ingredients together and then pop it in the microwave for one minute. Sometimes I’ll add some dark chocolate chips and recently I’ve been enjoying one of these cakes with some raspberries and a dollop of Sainsburys Madagascan vanilla cream – delicious!
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- ½ tbsp non-dairy milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, honey, nut butter, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add the ground almonds, coconut flour & cocoa powder and whisk well.
- Pour the batter into a mug (or ramekin) and microwave on full power for approximately one minute.
- Eat straight from the mug or tip out onto a plate and serve with a handful of berries.