Nutty Chocolate Energy Squares
These delicious squares are packed full of nutrients and are great to keep in the fridge for when you need an energy boost or fancy something sweet. I used mixed nuts (almonds, brazils, pecans and walnuts) but you could you any other nuts you like.
- 200g mixed nuts
- 200g grams Medjool dates (halved, stones removed)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blitz until they resemble rough breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until everything is well mixed and sticky. If the mixture is a bit crumbly add a little more water.
- Line the bottom of an 8" square baking tray. Spoon the mixture into the tray and press down until level.
- Sprinkle with a little shredded coconut and place in the freezer for approx. 1 hour to set.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.