No Mayo Potato Salad
Write a review
- 1Kg New Potatoes cut into 1cm slices
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- Small handful fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A little of the potato cooking water
- Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes or until the tip of a sharp knife slides easily in and out of the centre of the potato slices.
- Reserve about 50ml of the cooking water, drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, chopped garlic & onion and parsley to a blender and process. Gradually add a little of the cooking water until your dressing reaches a creamy pouring consistency.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and gently toss to ensure all the slices are coated.
- Keeps well in the fridge for 4-5 days.