Lemon & Tarragon Roasted Vegetables
I LOVE roasting my veggies! Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, cauliflower…. you name it, I roast it. It’s a great way to bring out all the amazing flavours and makes a change from steaming everything.
I found this recipe in a magazine, 365 Veggie Recipes. It’s such a simple dish but is absolutely delicious and is now a firm favourite of mine. I definitely recommend using fresh tarragon rather than dried. I use a lot of dried herbs but sometimes you do need to use fresh and this is one of those dishes. Enjoy with some grilled or baked fish for an incredibly healthy and nutritious meal.
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and deseeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 red peppers, deseeded
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of one (unwaxed) lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
- Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces and place all but the courgette in a large roasting dish. Add the olive oil, lemon juice & zest, salt & pepper and toss well to mix.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the courgettes and stir well. Roast for a further 10-15 minutes or until all the veggies are tender and lightly charred.
- Scatter over the tarragon and return to the oven for a final 2-3 minutes or until the herbs are slightly wilted. Serve straight away.