Lemon & Parmesan Chickpea Salad
If you’re looking for a plant based protein then chickpeas are great. They contain 7.5g of protein per 100g, as well as a really healthy amount of fibre, are a great source of calcium, potassium and magnesium.
This is a very quick and simple recipe that can be easily adapted. For example, you could use feta cheese instead of parmesan or maybe lime juice instead of lemon. I used parsley in this dish but you could try coriander or basil.
- 460g (drained weight) cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 25g (1/3 cup) grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well.
- In a bowl mix together the lemon juice, basil, parsley, olive oil and garlic.
- Add the chickpeas and mix well.
- Add the grated parmesan and stir gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Keeps in the fridge for 2-3 days.