James Martin’s Cauliflower Couscous
Asda ran a big advertising campaign last week and one of the featured recipes was this couscous. Straight away I was keen to try it and it didn’t disappoint; this is going to be a favourite of mine for a very long time.
I’ve listed the ingredients as they are shown on the Asda website but in my opinion you really don’t need that much dressing. The only sugar in this recipe is in the dressing – I made half the quantity and it was still more than enough. In fact this salad is absolutely delicious when served naked! The only other change I made was that I used flat leaf parsley instead of coriander.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 100g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 100g flaked almonds, toasted
- 100g dried apricots, diced
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 1 bunch spring onions (scallions), trimmed & sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh corriander
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- For the dressing;
- 150ml maple syrup
- 6 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp medium curry powder
- To make the dressing, place the maple syrup, white wine vinegar and curry powder in a pan over a medium heat.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes and then remove and set aside to cool.
- Remove the cauliflower leaves and core and place the florets in a food processor.
- Blitz until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Pour the cauliflower into a large bowl and stir in the nuts, fruit, onions and herbs. Mix well to combine.
- When ready to serve pour over the dressing and mix again.