Homemade Cashew ‘Nakd’ Bars
I’m a big fan of Nakd bars. They are one of the few pre-packed snack foods available from the supermarket that are healthy. But the cost! You can pay up to 90p per bar if you buy them individually or £2.29 for a box of 4. Plus they’re quite small – 3 mouthfuls and they’re gone!
So I thought I’d have a go at making my own. Just three ingredients, a quick blitz in the food processor and then some patience while they chilled in the fridge (although the dough straight out the bowl was good!)
- 1 packet (227g) deglet noir dates
- 100g cashews
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until they are combine and form a sticky dough.
- Line an 8 x 4 inch loaf tin with baking parchment and press the dough as flat as possible.
- Chill in the fridge and then slice into bars.
- This recipe made 6 bars which were bigger than the bars you buy in shops. Alternatively you could roll the dough into balls and place in individual paper cases before chilling.