Green Pina Colada Smoothie
As I sit typing this post the sky has turned an ominous shade of dark grey and some very large raindrops have fallen on our patio table. The weatherman warned of heavy showers this afternoon so Mrs Smug here has already cut the grass, tidied the garden, dried the washing and walked the dog in anticipation of the predicted downpour. I guarantee you that it will come at precisely 3pm this afternoon when I have to leave the house to collect Thomas from school!
It may not be very tropical in the UK today now but this smoothie will transport you to a beautiful beach in the warm Caribbean sunshine, feeling the sand between your toes and listening to the sound of gentle waves breaking on the shore. OK so that might be a bit over the top but this smoothie does taste just like the real thing except I’ve replaced the rum with spinach so it’s super healthy and you won’t wake up with a headache tomorrow morning.
Expect to see a few more green drinks appearing on my blog in the coming weeks as I experiment with recipes ahead of the Green Smoothie Workshop I’m running in August.
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk
- Large handful baby spinach
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 inch slice (1 cup) pineapple, peeled and cored
- Ice (optional)
- Shredded coconut to decorate
- Blend together the coconut water, coconut milk and spinach until smooth and there are no green chunks.
- Add the fruit and ice (if using) and blend again until completely smooth.
- Sprinkle with a little shredded coconut and serve.