Green Banana Smoothie
One of my favourite ways to sneak more veggies into my diet is to drink green smoothies. If you’re new to green smoothies then spinach is the perfect ‘green stuff’ to start with as you really won’t be able to taste it once it’s blended with all the other ingredients.
This smoothie has a really creamy texture yet it’s dairy free. The trick is to use a frozen banana as this creates the thickness. You can use a fresh one, just add a few ice cubes as well.
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Large handful of baby leaf spinach
- 1 large, frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Put the almond milk and spinach in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the banana, flaxseed and cinnamon and blend again.
- To freeze a banana: peel it, cut it into chunks and place in a plastic bag.