Frozen Cherry & Banana Smoothie
After making my cherry & chocolate muffins and this cherry, herb and pearl barley salad, I had a handful of cherries left over. Any left-over fruit that’s about to turn gets portioned up and frozen to be used in smoothies so I thought I’d share this super simple smoothie recipe with you.
Of course you don’t have to freeze the fruit first but it does make the smoothie deliciously cold and thick. And if I’m having a smoothie for breakfast I do like to add a scoop of protein powder so that it keeps me feeling full for longer.
- 1 glass milk of your choice (I use Oatly oat milk)
- 1 small banana, chopped & frozen
- 12 cherries, stones removed and frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a Nutribullet and blend until smooth.