Cous Cous Salad with Roasted Peppers & Feta
This is a great salad to have ready prepared in the fridge as it goes well with poultry, meat or fish. I used mixed baby peppers but you can use any sweet peppers – you may want to remove the skins if you use the larger variety.
Couscous Salad with Roasted Peppers and Feta
Write a review
- 200g giant couscous
- 300g mixed sweet peppers
- 80g feta cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp runny honey
- Small handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C.
- Halve the peppers (removing the stalk and seeds) and toss in a little olive oil. Lay out on the baking sheet, skin side up, sprinkle with salt and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until the skins have started to turn brown around the edges. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the cous cous according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut the feta cheese into small cubes.
- When the peppers have cooled, cut into bite sized pieces and mix with the couscous, feta cheese and parsley.
- To make the dressing whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and honey. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, taste and adjust if needed.
- Pour over the couscous salad and stir thoroughly.
- To make peeling peppers easy: As soon as you remove them from the oven place them on a plate and cover with clingfilm. Once they have cooled the skin should come of easily.