Chickpea and Halloumi Burgers
These are probably the easiest veggie burgers I’ve ever made! Simply blitz all the ingredients (except the cheese) in a food processor, mix in the cubed halloumi and then shape into burgers!
I chilled mine for a few hours before cooking and they held together beautifully.
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 spring onions, very roughly chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Salt & pepper
- 225g Halloumi cheese, diced
- Put everything, except the Halloumi cheese, into a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Tip into a large bowl and stir in the diced cheese.
- Shape into 6 burgers and chill in the fridge.
- Lightly fry in a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Nutrition per burger (calculated using MyFitnessPal)
- Calories: 177
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.2g
- Fat: 10.4g