Cheesy Vegetable Frittata
A few weeks ago I’d had enough of soup! I’ve eaten it almost every day through the winter months and I ate A LOT when I was putting together my recipe book, so it was time for a change.
The recipe for this frittata came from the Kitchen Club that my son went to during the half term holidays. A very brave local mum had eleven 3-7 year olds sitting around a large table cutting vegetables, breaking eggs and crumbling cheese. They loved every minute of it and the finished dish tasted great.
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 baby potatoes, diced
- 1 egg
- 25g feta cheese
- 1 heaped Tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 heaped Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In an ovenproof dish, mix together the courgette, pepper, mushrooms and potatoes.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and then stir in the yogurt. Crumble the feta cheese with your fingers and then add to the egg mixture along with the parmesan cheese, mint and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the egg/yogurt/cheese mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.