These delicious squares are packed full of nutrients and are great to keep in the fridge for when you need an energy boost or fancy something sweet. I used mixed nuts (almonds, brazils, pecans and walnuts) but you could you any other nuts you like.
Nutty Chocolate Energy Squares
- 200g mixed nuts
- 200g grams Medjool dates (halved, stones removed)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blitz until they resemble rough breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until everything is well mixed and sticky. If the mixture is a bit crumbly add a little more water.
- Line the bottom of an 8" square baking tray. Spoon the mixture into the tray and press down until level.
- Sprinkle with a little shredded coconut and place in the freezer for approx. 1 hour to set.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.