Sticky, gooey and sweet – that’s exactly how flapjacks should be and these are no different….. except they’re not loaded with golden syrup, they’re sugar free! All the sweetness comes from the bananas and dates, although you can add a little Stevia if you want some extra sweetness. This recipe has been slightly adapted from a recipe given to me at a recent Sips & Tips event.
Banana, Date & Pecan Flapjacks
- 175g oats
- 175g dried dates, chopped
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 50g pecans (or nuts of your choice)
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- 1 sachet Nu Naturals Stevia (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. Lightly grease and line an 8 x 8 baking tray.
- Spread your pecans (or other nuts) on a baking sheet and toast for a few minutes. Allow to cool slightly and then roughly chop .
- In a large bowl mash your bananas then add your chopped dates, nuts, oats, cinnamon and stevia (if using).
- Stir well and then tip the mixture into your tray, pressing down firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Cut into slices whilst warm and enjoy!