A few days ago I noticed a familiar yet unwelcome tickle at the back of my throat; a sure sign that a cold is on the way. I’ve never been a fan of throat sweets or cough medicine and recent research suggests that over the counter syrups are ineffective at helping to relieve coughs and sore throats. I’d much rather use a more natural approach to help alleviate my symptoms.
So I’ve been diffusing DoTERRA On Guard essential oil blend at home and today whipped up these super easy sweets made with readily available and natural ingredients;
- Coconut oil which is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral
- Lemon juice which is high in Vitamin C
- The anti-inflammatory benefits of fresh ginger and cinnamon
- Raw honey to coat and sooth irritated mucous membranes
- 40g coconut oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Soften the coconut oil until it is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Place 1/2 tsp of the mixture into small molds or drop onto a sheet of baking parchment.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.