January often feels dull and drab so why not brighten it up with some of this gorgeous purple beetroot hummus! Try it as a snack with your favourite vegetables or maybe spread it on some wholemeal bread with some sliced avocado and crumbled feta cheese on top.
- 2 medium cooked beetroot
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend. Initially you may have to stop the processor once or twice and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- If it's too thick add a splash of water and blend again.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or seasoning if needed.
- Continue to blend until you get the consistency you like.
- This hummus will keep nicely in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.