Balsamic Glazed Sprouts
Yuk! Was my 10 year olds response when he saw me making this dish! But if, like me, you’re a brussel sprout lover, then I think you’ll really enjoy this side dish.
It’s very quick and easy to prepare and would be a lovely way to ‘dress up’ your sprouts this Christmas.
This is one of 10 recipes that I’ve put together in a free download to encourage you to add some healthy fats to your diet. I’ve written a detailed article here explaining why fats are so essential, which ones we should choose and which ones we should avoid. You can read the article here and if you’d like the recipes then please click here.
- 500g brussel sprouts, washed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g walnut halves
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the brussel sprouts and walnut halves ensuring everything is evenly coated.
- Spread out the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until the sprouts are tender and golden brown on the edges.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.