This is delicious and healthy comfort food at its best! Serve with brown rice, quinoa or cous cous.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 500g carton passata
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 courgettes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 12 dried apricots, halved
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add the passata, honey and harissa and bring to the boil.
- Place the chickpeas and vegetables in your slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the sauce and cook on high with the lid on for 4 hours.