This is a super simple way to add a whole new dimension to salmon, and it takes just minutes to make too.
Enjoy with a large green salad and balsamic, basil & parmesan beans.
- 2 Salmon fillets (choose wild salmon where possible)
- Generous knob of butter
- 25g (1/4 cup) pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp cyder vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees celcius (425f)
- Mix all the crust ingredients together in a bowl
- Place the salmon fillets on a plate and carefully spoon the crust on top
- Melt the butter in an oven-proof grill pan (skillet) over a high heat. When the pan is really hot, carefully add the fish, skin side down, and cook for about 2 minutes without touching them so that the skin sears and becomes nice and crispy.
- Transfer the grill pan to your hot oven and continue to cook for 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve immediately.